Welcome to the Department of Physics
- Information regarding teaching in summer term 2021: Current information regarding teaching can be found in section German students. Please also read the Corona Information Page of the university.
- Researchers from the department proposed a solution for the marginal problem in quantum mechanics.
- Orbituary for Ute Smolik
- Physics experiment from Siegen among the Top 10 of Physics World
- New research results on chiral magnetic order at the nano scale
- Christian Piltz received the Quantum Future Award for his dissertation
We focus our research on contemporary topics from solid state physics, quantum optics and particle physics. In the corresponding research groups, 20 professors work together with students and junior scientists on cutting-edge questions of experiment and theory. Numerous international collaborations certify the high impact of our research.
Interested in studying physics? A close cooperation between the students of the department and university guarantees great supervision and support of new students as well as a high quality of teaching.
A favorable student-to-staff ratio allows for individual training of our students. The strong connection of research and teaching allows our students to gain an early insight into the latest research projects of our research groups.
Additionally to a bachelor and master course in physics, we offer teacher training and an international master course on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology . We also offer special lecture series for interested pupils.
Experimental Particle Physics
Theoretical Particle Physics
Experimental Quantum Optics
Theoretical Quantum Optics
Solid State Physics
Experimental Nano Physics
Didactics of Physics