Welcome to the Department of Physics
- Information regarding teaching in winter semester 20/21: Current information regarding teaching can be found in section German students.
- Current news: Please mind the current information on the Corona Information Page of the university.
- Chasing cosmic rays: The Pierre Auger Observatory is celebrating its 20th anniversary.
- Obituary for Prof. Dr. Manfred Simon.
- Students from Siegen participated in the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting.
We focus our research on contemporary topics from solid state physics, quantum optics and particle physics. In the corresponding research groups, 16 professors work together with students and junior scientists on cutting-edge questions of experiment and theory. Numerous international collaborations certify the high impact of our research.
Interested in studying physics? A close cooperation between the students of the department and university guarantees great supervision and support of new students as well as a high quality of teaching.
A favorable student-to-staff ratio allows for individual training of our students. The strong connection of research and teaching allows our students to gain an early insight into the latest research projects of our research groups.
Additionally to a bachelor and master course in physics, we offer teacher training and an international master course on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology . We also offer special lecture series for interested pupils.
Experimental Particle Physics
Theoretical Particle Physics
Experimental Quantum Optics
Theoretical Quantum Optics
Solid State Physics
Experimental Nano Physics
Didactics of Physics